What is Metabolic efficiency testing (MET)?
MET is a test that measures your oxygen (O2) consumption and carbon dioxide (CO2) production to determine your caloric burn and your ratios of fat and carbohydrate utilisation.
The tests are done at rest, and during exercise using either a bike or treadmill. The exercise test will start easy and gradually increase in intensity until you reach your VO2max (your maximum ability to use oxygen to produce energy). The latter will provide your fuel utilisation at progressive intensity levels and / or power output.
How can MET help me?
- Discover any metabolic dysfunctions
- Determine your current preferential fuel source - are you a sugar or fat burner?
- Develop an efficient fuelling plan and plan your race or event to avoid "hitting the wall"
- Learn your specific training zones to fine tune your training and improve your fat burning ability and endurance, as well as improve performance
- Retest post nutrition and training intervention to see how your metabolism has been transformed
- A holistic solution to a better lifestyle for any individual - athlete or not
Testing is performed at 199 Ross River Road, Aitkenvale Qld 4814 or occasionally at alternate pre-arrranged venues.
Once you have paid for your test, you will be contacted within 24 hours for an appointment time.
Terms & Conditions:
By paying for your test, you agree that you have read and understood and are bound by these T's & C's below.
You will be required to give at least 48 hrs notice in the event that you need to reschedule your appointment. Please contact 0434 351 875 or 0434 350 260 to reschedule. Please do NOT use any form of social media to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Rescheduling will NOT incur and penalty or fees.
For total cancellations, the following fees will apply:
- If more than 24 hours notice is given to totally cancel an appointment, an admin fee of 10% of the value paid will be incurred.
- If LESS than 24 hrs notice is given to totally cancel an appointment, an admin fee of 25% of the value paid will be incurred.